Job Purpose and Scope:
Provide support and assistance for outreach services and healing planning for organizational members in and out of correctional services. Such supports and assistance will include attendance in court matters for members as well as the development and delivery of wellness plans with assistance from correction liaison worker and coordinator. Other areas include gathering and compiling statistical information, completing intake forms and accessing referrals when needed. The outreach coordinator will report directly to the program coordinator.
- Development and delivery of healing plans for active and new members.
- Assess members in their healing journey by providing transportation and helping to access programs associated with rehabilitation, financial aid, job training and addiction services.
- Provide information to members about services, community groups and agencies, businesses, industry and other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning support or resources.
- Advocate for members in court related activities and services (food bank, counselling services, social services and family related services).
- Interview members to obtain employment history, educational background and career goal
- Report to program coordinator on healing plan initiatives and other related issues.
- Meet with key staff to help develop new initiatives and strengthen organizational strategies.
- Compile statistics and maintain running records.
- Identify and maintain partnerships for referral within wellness plans, specifically in areas of housing, employment and food.
- Meet with STR8 UP’s active and new members’ one on one and in group settings.
- Create and implement post-incarceration plans with clients based on their needs and goals.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the Criminal Justice sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of community outreach and referral programs.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse and multi-cultural communities, especially Aboriginal men and families.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license
Interested candidates should apply before 5:00 PM on May 25th, 2018. Applicants should include a cover letter and resume. Please quote Job Reference: Outreach 1-3 on the subject line. All applications should be sent to the STR8 UP Hiring Committee via email: email@example.com or fax at 306-249-1284.
STR8 UP– 10,000 Little Steps to Healing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our team. Diversity is part of our organization’s culture. We are building a workforce which is representative of the Saskatoon Regional community and our programs and policies are designed to foster diversity and inclusion.